- 3⁄4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup green onion or onion, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups non-fat or 1% milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup baking mix (for biscuits or pancakes)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or dried leaf basil and oregano)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray or oil 12 muffin cups.
2. Sprinkle cheese, onions, broccoli and tomatoes in muffin cups.
3. Place remaining ingredients in a bowl and beat until smooth. Pour egg mixture over other ingredients in muffin cups.
4. Bake until golden brown or until knife inserted in center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool 5 minutes.
5. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Get creative and try different types of low-fat cheeses. Also, consider using spinach, mushrooms, bell peppers, and even jalapenos for extra nutrients and a colorful muffin. Try pairing this with whole-grain toast for a great breakfast.