- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1 cup sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sweet green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ pound cooked turkey or chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 apple (cored), preferably Golden Delicious; sliced or finely chopped
- 6 whole wheat pocket pita bread, warmed
- ½ cup low fat or fat free plain yogurt
1. In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, peppers, and lemon juice and cook until tender. Stir in turkey and apple and cook until turkey is heated through. Remove from heat.
2. Fill each pita with some of mixture; drizzle with yogurt. Serve warm.
This whole wheat pita stuffed with veggies, fruit and protein then drizzled with low fat yogurt is a complete meal all on its own! The only thing that could make this lunch better is a cold glass of low fat or nonfat milk to wash it down.