- cooking spray
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar (add this to the non-fat milk and stir well)
- Optional: 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
1. Preheat oven to 350ᵒF. Lightly spray muffin tin with cooking spray, or use muffin paper liners.
2. In mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. If adding blueberries, stir them into flour mixture at this time to help keep them from sinking to the bottom. Set aside.
3. In separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add this mixture to the dry mixture, stirring just enough to moisten. Do not over-mix.
4.Pour into muffin tins. Bake at 350ᵒF for 25-30 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched.
These delightful 100% whole-grain muffins are packed with vitamins, minerals, fiber and phytochemicals. Enjoy a muffin for breakfast with fruit and yogurt, or as a mid-afternoon snack with nut butter and low-fat or fat-free milk.