- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 3 cups plain lowfat yogurt
- 4 Tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
1. Clean and slice strawberries into quarters, set aside.
2. Place ¾ cup of yogurt into each of 4 serving dishes. Divide the strawberries evenly among the dishes. Top each with 1 teaspoon honey and then 1 tablespoon toasted sliced almonds. Serve immediately.
Fresh fruit, like ripe strawberries, are naturally sweet and require very little preparation. Try focusing your summer desserts on simple preparations of naturally sweet fresh fruit with lowfat or fat-free yogurt. This recipe is a perfect way to get your DASH servings of dairy, fruit and nuts.