- 4 slices large zucchini, cut ¼ inch thick
- spray olive oil (or non-stick cooking spray)
- 4 tablespoon pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoon shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat broiler to 500˚F.
2. Spray both sides of each zucchini slice lightly with olive oil or cooking spray and season with pepper. Place zucchini slices in the broiler for 2 minutes, turn over, and broil 2 minutes longer.
3. Remove from broiler and top each slice with 1 tablespoon pizza sauce and ½ tablespoon cheese. Broil for an additional minute or two, until cheese is melted.
4. Serve immediately.
Enjoy these pizza bites as a mid-afternoon snack. They also make a great light lunch when served with a green salad and a slice of whole-grain bread and a glass of low-fat or fat-free milk.