- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted ripe olives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup tub-style cream cheese with chives and onion
- 1 10-ounce package refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Spaghetti sauce (optional)
1. For filling, in a medium bowl combine chicken, Monterey Jack cheese, celery, ripe olives, basil, oregano, garlic powder, and pepper. Stir in cream cheese. Set aside.
2. For calzones, unroll pizza dough. On lightly floured surface roll dough into a 15×10-inch rectangle. Cut into six 5-inch squares. Divide chicken-olive filling among the squares. Brush edges with water. Lift one corner and stretch dough over to the opposite corner. Seal edges of dough well with tines of a fork. Arrange calzones on a greased baking sheet. Prick tops with a fork. In a small bowl combine egg and 1 tablespoon water; brush over the calzones. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
3. Bake in a 425 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with heated spaghetti sauce, if desired. Makes 6 calzones.