- 6 ounces white tuna packed in water, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup low fat Russian or Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 whole-wheat English muffins, split
- 3 ounces reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Combine tuna, celery, onion and salad dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Toast English muffin halves. Place split-side-up on baking sheet and top each with 1/4 of tuna mixture. Broil 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
4. Top with cheese and return to broiler until cheese is melted, about 1 minute longer.
Round out this lunch with an apple and a side salad. Use spinach or kale, add a few cherry tomatoes and mix lightly with low fat Russian or Thousand Island dressing used in the tuna melt. Voila, lunch is served!