- 2 (3.75-oz) cans organic dolphin-safe wild albacore tuna, drained
- 1⁄3 cup finely diced tart apple, such as Granny Smith
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 2 Tbsp Vegenaise
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a glass or plastic bowl, mix with a fork the tuna, apple, celery, Vegenaise, parsley, and lemon juice. Avoid over-stirring; you don’t want it mushy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Serve right away—with salad greens and other veggies, if desired—or cover and refrigerate for up to 48 hours.
- “On occasion, we put in chopped pecans or almonds, which give it healthy fats and a great nutty flavor.”
- “When it’s cold out, serve the tuna on toasted sourdough or in a pita. In the spring and summer, eat it on a tomato slice or a bed of lettuce.”
- “I try to introduce my kids to one new food at mealtime, mixed in with other things they love. If they try it, they get a gold star—or lots and lots of praise.”