- 1/4 french baguette
- 2 slices low-sodium applewood smoked bacon
- 1 medium heirloom tomato, thick cut slices
- 1 spear romaine lettuce
- 1 thick slice fresh mozzarella
- 1 ½ tsp basil pesto
- 1 ½ tsp low fat mayonnaise
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Slice the piece of baguette open but leave one side attached to form a hinge.
2. Cook the bacon over low heat until crispy, slice the tomato and mozzarella.
3. Combine the pesto with the mayo and smear it on the bottom of the sandwich.
4. Layer the romaine spear followed by the tomato, bacon and mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper and wrap in parchment paper.