- 2 15-ounce cans, rinsed and drained, or 3 1/2 cups cooked garbanzo or navy beans
- 2/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh or dried parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped Kalamata or ripe olives
- Kalamata olives, as garnish
- Assorted vegetables and crackers for serving
1. In the bowl of a food processor blend the beans, sour cream, garlic, and vinegar until smooth; stir in sundried tomatoes, parsley, and chopped olives.
2. Place the mix in a serving bowl and garnish with olives. Serve with assorted vegetables and crackers for dipping.
3. Dip can be made ahead of time and refrigerated overnight or for 2 to 3 hours to allow flavors to blend.
Bean-based dips and spreads help you get your DASH eating plan servings of beans, nuts and seeds. Serve this flavorful with whole grain crackers and vegetables for dipping and dunking, or spread on sandwiches. Bring two dips to the party and pair with Tzatziki, another Mediterranean style dip.