- 1 pound assorted fresh beets without tops (4 medium)
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups red, yellow, and/or green pear or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 2 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup bottled light Italian salad dressing or desired light salad dressing
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Scrub beets. Trim off stem and root ends from beets. Wrap each beet in foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until you can easily pierce the beets with a knife. Cool about 20 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Peel and cut beets into 1-inch pieces.
2. On a large platter, arrange lettuce, tomatoes, eggs, avocado, bacon, blue cheese, and beets. Drizzle with salad dressing. Makes 6 (about 2-1/2 cup) servings.