- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1. Preheat grill or broiler.
2. Blend mustard, honey, lemon juice, and garlic in a small bowl.
3. Brush chicken with the honey mustard sauce on both sides. Grill or broil 6 inches from heat source for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing with additional sauce. Do not brush during last 5 minutes of grilling or broiling.
4. Discard the remaining honey mustard sauce. Sprinkle with almonds before serving.
This recipe calls for toasted sliced almonds. Toasting raw nuts is easy and a terrific way to intensify their flavor and crunch. To toast nuts spread the raw nuts evenly in a shallow baking dish or cookie sheet. Place in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 5 minutes. Nuts can easily burn, so check them often. Toasting can take from 5 to 20 minutes depending on the size of the nuts.