- 1-1/2 pounds fresh or frozen salmon fillet, 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh mint
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 cups torn mixed greens
- Orange peel curls (optional)
- Edible flowers (optional)
1. Thaw fish, if frozen. Cut fish into four serving-size pieces. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
2. For vinaigrette, in a screw-top jar combine orange peel, orange juice, vinegar, onion, parsley, basil, mint, and salt. Cover; shake well. Refrigerate until serving time.
3. Bring wine and water to boiling in a large skillet. Using a wide spatula, place fish in the boiling liquid so the pieces do not overlap. Add more water, if needed, to half cover fish. Return to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, allowing 4 to 6 minutes for each 1/2-inch thickness of fish.
4. Meanwhile, divide the mixed greens among four plates. Place a salmon fillet atop greens. Garnish with orange peel curls and edible flowers, if desired. Serve with vinaigrette. Makes 4 servings.
Prepare vinaigrette as above. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.