- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Heavily butter a 9-inch cast-iron skillet. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. Whisk the eggs and sugar together. Add the butter and whisk until satiny. Stir in the flour mixture; whisk until smooth. Spread batter in the skillet and top with walnuts.
3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.