- 1 medium beet
- 1 (15-oz) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large garlic clove, unpeeled
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 1/2 Tbsp)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash beet well; place with garlic clove on a sheet of foil. Bring up sides of foil and fold to make a packet leaving room for heat to circulate around the beet and garlic.
3. Bake for 45 minutes or until beet is tender when poked with a knife. Open packet and Allow to cool before handling.
4. Remove skin off of the garlic and the beet (I use a zip lock bag on my hand and slip the skin off so my hand doesn’t turn red – watch video here).
5. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.