- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti noodles
- 12 ounces frozen broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cup cooked, diced chicken breast (8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
2. Mix together sugar, soy sauce and vinegar in small bowl. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in large sauté pan or skillet. Add garlic and broccoli and cook on medium until soft.
4. Add chicken and cook until heated through.
5. Add pasta and soy sauce mixture, and mix well. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
6. Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.
This combination of nutrient-rich broccoli, lean protein and whole grain noodles is a dream DASH Diet recipe that’s easy and sure to be a hit with the whole family.