- 2 ½ cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup olive oil
1. Combine the flour, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and salt in a large bowl.
2. Whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, olive oil, and buttermilk in a separate bowl.
3. Add the wet ingredients from the second bowl to the first bowl. Mix until just incorporated.
4. Heat a griddle over medium heat. Pour ¼ cup of the pancake batter and cook until you can see small bubbles with the sides set.
5. Flip and cook until golden brown.
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 2g