1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine buttermilk, egg substitute, and oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in blueberries.
2. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto a hot griddle or skillet coated with cooking spray. Turn pancakes when tops are bubbly and edges look cooked.
Note: You can cut cholesterol and fat from your diet by using a commercial egg substitute instead of whole eggs. Egg whites are the main ingredient in most egg substitutes. Sodium, preservatives, and sometimes oil are added so that the product will taste and perform like whole eggs. When modifying your own recipes, use 1/4 cup egg substitute for each whole egg.
Sarah Carter is a health coach and dash diet advocate. Once Struggling with weight and hypertension, she turned to the dash diet which helped her to keep her hypertension in check and helped her keeping active and healthy lifestyle. She now actively blogs and coaches clients in discovering a new and healthy eating lifestyle.
Discover The Exact Recipes I Used To Naturally Reduce My High Blood Pressure. 100% FREE! Subscribe To The Dash Diet Recipe Newsletter!
DASH Diet PDF
We Hate Spam. Your Information is Safe!
Find us on Facebook
About The Dash Diet
We're committed to bringing you the best in health and helping you discover the wonderful world of the DASH diet. If you're looking to control your blood pressure, hypertension, or just looking to get into great health, we're here to help.
- Increase intake of fiber, potassium, calcium and magnesium
- Keep fat at low levels (7-8% of total calories), especially saturated fat
- Keep sodium at low to moderate levels (2400-3000mg/day)