- 1 ½ cups blueberries
- 1 ½ cups raspberries
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar or sweetener of your choice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- 4 scoops (1/4 cup each) fat-free Greek yogurt
1. Combine the berries with the sugar, orange, lemon and lime juice and the lemon zest in a medium heatproof bowl.
2. Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
3. Place the covered bowl over a large saucepan of simmering water; cook on low 10 minutes.
4. Set aside until it cools. Refrigerate until cold, about 4 hours.
5. Divide fruit and its liquid among 4 bowls; garnish with fresh mint and top each bowl with a 1/4 cup scoop of Greek yogurt.
To change up your morning routine, try this recipe for breakfast with granola and nuts. You’ll pack in a serving of dairy, healthy fats, whole grains, and protein. You can also have this as a dessert with fat-free frozen yogurt.