- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 cup egg whites
- ¼ cup reduced fat cheddar
- ¼ cup grated romano or parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper
- cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Steam broccoli with a little water for about 6-7 minutes.
2. When broccoli is cooked, mash into smaller pieces and add olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray and spoon broccoli mixture evenly into 9 tins.
4. In a medium bowl, beat egg whites, eggs, grated parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Pour into the greased tins over broccoli until a little more than 3/4 full. Top with grated cheddar and bake in the oven until cooked, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately. Wrap any leftovers in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator to enjoy during the week.
Pair these mini-omelets with a fruit salad, whole-wheat toast, and a glass of low-fat milk and enjoy a complete well-balanced and delicious breakfast.