- For the Cups:
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp solid vegetable shortening
- For the Mousse:
- 1 Tbsp (1 envelope) unflavored gelatin powder
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups whipped cream (1 cup heavy cream, whipped)
To Make Cups:
1. In a small saucepan, heat the chocolate chips and shortening over high heat, stirring continuously until melted.
2. Using the back of a metal spoon, spread the chocolate evenly inside six 3 1/2-inch foil muffin liners. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
To Make Mousse:
1. In a bowl, sprinkle the gelatin evenly over the cold water and allow the gelatin to absorb the water for 2 minutes. Add the boiling water and stir until the gelatin is fully dissolved. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
2. Transfer the gelatin mixture to a blender. Add the berries and blend until liquefied. Set a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl and pour the mixture through the strainer to strain out the seeds. Refrigerate until thickened.
3. Rinse the blender of any remaining raspberry seeds and return the thickened raspberry gelatin mixture to the blender. Add the whipped cream and blend until smooth. Refrigerate until thickened.
4. Carefully peel away the foil from the chocolate cups. Spoon the mousse into the cups and serve.