- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/4 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 pound uncooked ground turkey
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Lightly coat a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, combine onion, sweet pepper, rolled oats, egg, milk, garlic, italian seasoning, salt-free seasoning blend, and Creole seasoning. Add turkey; mix well.
2. Using a small ice cream scoop or slightly rounded measuring tablespoon, shape turkey mixture into 1-1/4-inch balls. Arrange in prepared pan.
3. Bake, uncovered, about 25 minutes or until browned and no longer pink in center (165 degree F).* Makes 10 servings.
Prepare as directed through Step 3. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. Uncover; bake as directed.