- 4 cups shredded green and/or red cabbage
- 2 carrots, cut into julienne strips or coarsely shredded (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup bite-size strips green, red, yellow and/or orange sweet pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped radishes
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions (2)
- Spicy Asian Dressing (recipe below)
1. In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrot, sweet pepper, radishes, cilantro, and green onions. Pour the dressing over cabbage mixture. Toss to coat. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours before serving. Toss slaw before serving. Makes 6 to 8 side-dish servings.
Spicy Asian Dressing
In a screw-top jar, combine 3 tablespoons rice vinegar or white wine vinegar, 3 tablespoons canola oil or vegetable oil, 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil (optional), 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger, 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper. Cover and shake well to mix. Makes about 1/2 cup.
Easy Garden Slaw
Prepare the slaw as directed above, except substitute 5 cups packaged shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix) for the cabbage and carrot.