- 3 large bananas, cut into 1-inch pieces and frozen
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1/2 cup non-fat milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Peel and slice bananas over-night, or at least 8 hours.
2. Remove bananas from freezer and add them to a food processor. Add milk and vanilla and process for 1-2 minutes.
3. Once banana is broken up, stop processor and scrape down the sides. Continue to process until it reaches the consistency of soft serve ice cream, stopping as needed to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
4. Add the berries and pulse until they are in pieces and incorporated into the banana mixture. Serve immediately.
Frozen bananas serve as the base of this creamy dessert. Substituting bananas for cream removes fat, cholesterol, and calories from this ice-cream without substituting flavor and creaminess.