- 8 ounces ciabatta bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound turkey breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) carton egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until toasted.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sausage to pan; cook 6 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Combine sausage, bread, and onions in a large bowl. Combine milk, cheese, eggs, and egg substitute in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add milk mixture to bread mixture, tossing to coat bread. Spoon mixture into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Uncover casserole. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Sprinkle with parsley; serve immediately.
If you have a hard time finding a pacakge of raw turkey breakfast sausage, you can use a package of pre-cooked turkey sausage and just skip the step of browning the sausage in the skillet. Just put it in the skillet to heat it thoroughly.