- 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 2 packages pizza dough (1 lb each)
- 1 /2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 Tbsp Italian herb seasoning or pizza seasoning
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease two 12 cup muffin tins.
2. Crumble into a hot non-stick saucepan. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink- about 7 minutes.
3. Place cooked sausage into the bowl of a food processor and finely grind. Add 1/4 cup Parmesan and pulse until mixed. Set aside in a separate bowl.
4. Place the drained tomatoes into the bowl of the food processor. Pulse 2-3 times to blend. Add seasoning and pulse again. Set aside.
5. Roll 1 pizza dough into a ball. Gently flour a work space. Roll out ball of dough to a 10 X 12 inch rectangle. Remove 1 /2 of the meat mixture and spread across the dough. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese and top with half of the tomato puree. Roll up jelly roll-style to produce a 12-inch log. Slice the log into 12 1-inch pieces.
6. Place all pieces into each cup of the muffin tin.
7. Repeat with second ball of dough.
8. Brush tops of all 24 pieces with melted butter and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Place in oven and bake 20-24 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy warm from the oven, or store in the refridgerator to and enjoy like you would a cold slice of pizza.