- 12 ounces fresh asparagus spears
- 1 8-ounce package frozen baby corn or 8-3/4-ounce can baby corn, drained
- 12 Belgian endive leaves or curly endive leaves
- 12 Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
- 12 sorrel or spinach leaves
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen peeled and deveined shrimp, cooked and chilled
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen red raspberries and/or sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup walnut oil or salad oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry or wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 2 teaspoons honey
1. Snap off and discard woody bases of asparagus. Cook asparagus, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 4 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; cool. If using frozen baby corn, cook according to package directions. Drain; cool.
2. Arrange greens and asparagus on 4 dinner plates. Top each with corn, shrimp, and berries.
3. For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine walnut oil or salad oil, raspberry or wine vinegar, fresh cilantro or parsley, and honey. Cover; shake well. Serve with salad. Makes 4 servings.
Prepare vinaigrette; cover and chill up to 2 days. Prepare asparagus and corn; cover and chill up to 4 hours.