- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh spinach, packed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp vegetable (or canola oil)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Place the first 6 ingredients in a food processor and puree; set aside.
2. Mix the remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl and combine.
3. Pour the spinach puree in a large mixing bowl; add dry ingredients until combined.
4. Scoop batter into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup 2/3 of the way. Bake for 12 minutes.
5. Cool on rack and serve.