- Cooking spray
- ½ cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- Pepper to taste
1. Heat an 8-inch non-stick sauté pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and add mushrooms and spinach.
2. Sauté mushrooms and spinach for 2-3 minutes or until the spinach has wilted.
3. Whisk the egg and egg whites in a bowl with feta cheese and pepper if desired. Pour egg mixture over vegetables in the pan.
4. Continue to cook eggs while stirring with a spatula for another 3-4 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through.
This recipe is an easy way to add some fresh vegetables to your day. Get creative and throw in some fresh bell peppers, green onions, or tomatoes. You can also try using fresh grated parmesan cheese instead of feta.