- 8 ounces Neufchatel cheese or low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated Lemon zest
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 cups (about 10 ounces) sliced strawberries
1. In food processor, process cheese, honey and zest until well mixed, or mix in bowl with wooden spoon.
2. Spread 1 tablespoon cheese mixture on cut side of 1 muffin half; top with one-quarter cup strawberries.
3. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 8 half-sandwiches.
Don’t feel limited to strawberries- make it more colorful with raspberries and blueberries while packing in the antioxidants! Add in nuts and seeds for a nice crunch and consider using low-sodium, low-fat cottage cheese instead of cream cheese for a sweet-and-salty flavor.