- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Strawberry preserves
- 1/2 cup Strawberry wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 medium navel orange, segmented
- 4 cups whole Strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Strawberry fans (optional)
Combine the first 8 ingredients in a large non-aluminum saucepan; bring to boil.
Cook, uncovered, over medium heat 15 minutes or until slightly thickened and syrupy, stirring frequently. Add strawberries; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat; stir in almonds. Spoon into a bowl; cover and chill. Garnish with strawberry fans, if desired. Yield: 3 1/4 cups (serving size 1 tablespoon)