- Soup Stock
- 1 meaty leftover turkey carcass
- 6 cups "less sodium" chicken broth
- 6 cups water
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 5 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash® Chicken Grilling Blend
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green beans
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen corn
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen peas
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
1. In a large kettle or Dutch oven, combine the Soup Stock ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 hours.
2. Remove carcass and allow to cool. Remove meat and set aside 4 cups for soup (refrigerate any remaining meat for another use); discard bones. Strain broth.
3. Return broth to kettle; add onion, celery, carrots and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add corn, peas and reserved turkey. Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
4. Combine biscuit mix and milk. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto simmering broth. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift the cover while simmering).