- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 32-ounce box reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups dried ditalini pasta
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
1. In a 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook for 15 seconds. Add carrot, onion, and celery; cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add chicken broth and the water; bring to boiling. Add uncooked pasta; cook for 7 to 8 minutes or until pasta is tender.
2. To serve, top individual servings with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Makes 12 (3/4-cup) appetizer servings.