- 1 2- to 2-1/2-pound (boneless) lamb shoulder roast
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2-1/2 cups hot-style vegetable juice
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped green sweet pepper
1. Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Coat an unheated large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium heat. Cook meat in hot skillet until browned, turning to brown evenly. Drain off fat. In the slow cooker, combine vegetable juice, uncooked brown rice, curry powder, and salt. Top with carrots. Place meat on carrots.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 4-1/2 hours.
3. Add the sweet pepper to slow cooker. Cover and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes or until sweet pepper is tender. Makes 8 servings.