- 2 cans (15 ounces) unsalted garbanzo beans
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoon dried dill
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans in a strainer. Shake off extra water. Dry the beans well with a towel to prevent “popping” in the oven.
3. Mix together salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, and dill in a small bowl.
4. Lightly spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Spread garbanzo beans onto baking sheet and lightly spray the beans with cooking spray. Sprinkle seasoning mix over the beans and shake the pan to help distribute the seasoning. Spread the garbanzo beans into one even layer.
5. Place the pan on the lowest rack in the oven. Cook for 30-40 minutes, gently shaking and rotating the pan every 10-15 minutes. The beans are done when crispy and golden brown. Let cool before serving.
Garbanzo beans are a good protein source full of heart-healthy fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Pair with some whole grain crackers, carrot sticks, or low-fat cheese for a hearty and satisfying snack. Or try them over a salad for crunchy surprise.