- 4 8-ounce pork loin rib chops or four 6-ounce boneless pork loin chops (1/2 to 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium green cooking apple, cored and cut into wedges
- 4 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
1. Trim fat from chops. Place chops in a 4- to 6-quart pressure cooker. In a small bowl, combine pineapple juice, curry powder, salt, and pepper; pour over meat.
2. Lock lid in place. Over high heat, bring cooker up to 15 pounds pressure. Reduce heat just enough to maintain high pressure. Cook for 3 minutes. Remove cooker from heat. Allow pressure to decrease naturally (this will take about 7 minutes). Carefully remove the lid, tilting it away from you to allow steam to escape. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chops to a platter; cover to keep warm.
3. Bring the liquid in cooker to boiling. Add apple. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add napa cabbage and green onion to cooker. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes more or until cabbage is wilted. Using a slotted spoon, transfer cabbage mixture to the platter with pork. Transfer liquid in cooker to a small bowl or pitcher. To serve, pass liquid to spoon over chops and apple mixture. Makes 4 (1 pork chop and 3/4 cup cabbage mixture) servings.