- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 ounces pork loin, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups sliced onions
- 1 medium carrot, very thinly sliced
- 2 medium red and/or green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup (6 ounces) pitted dried plums, halved
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
1. Spray large nonstick skillet or wok with cooking spray. Heat over high heat until hot.
2. Add ginger and garlic; stir-fry 1 minute.
3. Add pork; stir-fry 2 minutes.
4. Add onions and carrots; stir-fry 2 minutes.
5. peppers and celery; stir-fry 2 to 4 minutes or just until vegetables are crisp-tender.
6. Add dried plums; toss to heat through. Reduce heat to medium.
7. In small bowl combine water, soy sauce and cornstarch; mix thoroughly.
8. Add soy sauce mixture to skillet; cook and stir about 2 minutes until heated through.
9. To serve, divide rice among four plates. Top with stir-fry, dividing equally.
Like all stir-fry, this one comes together very quickly. Prepare all of the ingredients before you begin and have them within reach for this fast-paced recipe. To follow the DASH recommendation of making half your grains whole, try this stir fry with steamed brown rice instead of white rice.