- 1 ½ pounds lean ground turkey breast
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup fat free milk
- 1 ½ tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
3. Form into a 9 x 5 inch loaf and place in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan or on rack of broiler pan.
4. Bake for about 1 hour or until a food thermometer registers 170 degrees and center is no longer pink.
5. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
If you aren’t cooking for 8, make this whole recipe anyway. Leftover sliced turkey loaf makes a perfect sandwich for lunch. Or wrap individual slices of cooled turkey loaf in plastic and store in a zip bag for a quick heat-and-eat dinner another day. Make this a complete DASH meal with steamed green beans, oven-roasted potatoes and a glass of fat-free milk.