- 8 ounces beef top round steak
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 12 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch-long pieces
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 4 green onions, bias-sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
1. Trim fat from steak. Thinly slice steak across the grain;* cut into bite-size strips. Set aside. For sauce, in a small bowl stir together beef broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, and ginger; set aside.
2. Lightly coat an unheated wok or large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, mushrooms, broccoli, and green onions to hot wok or skillet. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender. Remove vegetables from wok or skillet.
3. Carefully add oil to the hot wok or skillet. Add meat.Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until meat is slightly pink in center. Push meat from center of wok or skillet. Stir sauce; add to the center of wok or skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
4. Return cooked vegetables to wok or skillet. Stir vegetables and meat together to coat with sauce. Cook and stir about 2 minutes more or until heated through. Serve with hot cooked rice. Makes 4 servings.
Partially freeze steak for easier slicing.