- 1 cup Almond-Fruit Granola
- 4 medium nectarines, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier) or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1. Prepare Almond-Fruit Granola; set aside.
2. For gratin, in a medium bowl combine nectarines, blueberries, and orange liqueur; toss to coat. Spoon fruit into 6 gratin dishes or casseroles (12 to 16 ounces each). Sprinkle with brown sugar.
3. Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 7 to 8 minutes or until fruit is warmed and most of sugar is melted. Sprinkle 1/4 cup Almond-Fruit Granola over each gratin. Serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.
Lightly coat a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together 1-1/4 cups rolled oats, 1/2 cup bran cereal, 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ, and 2 tablespoons sliced almonds. In a small bowl stir together 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce; 3 tablespoons honey; and 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Pour applesauce mixture over cereal mixture. Use a wooden spoon to mix well. Spread granola evenly in prepared pan. Bake in a 325 degree F oven about 25 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally. Carefully stir in 1/4 cup dried berries and cherries. Bake for 5 minutes more. Spread on foil; cool completely. Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks. Makes 3 cups.