- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp each baking powder and salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 1/4 cup reserved chickpea liquid
- 1 to 3 cloves of garlic, optional and to taste
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 large eggs
1. Whisk dry ingredients together in a small bowl. Put the rest of the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
2. Add the dry ingredients and pulse until flour disappears. Lightly oil a skillet and preheat it over medium heat.
3. For each pancake, drop 1/4 cup batter onto the skillet, leaving room for spreading. Pat the batter into rounds and cook until the bottoms are lightly golden; flip and cook the other side.
4. Cool slightly before serving and top with chickpeas, onions, and halved cherry tomatoes. For the dressing: Whisk together 1 cup mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 Tbsp tahini, 1/4 tsp cumin powder, and a little salt.