- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened instant tea (optional)
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 banana
- ¾ cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup ice cubes (about 10 cubes)
1. Combine milk, instant tea, and spices in a blender; blend until tea is dissolved. Add the remaining ingredients except for the ice. Process until blended.
2. Gradually add enough ice to make a thick consistency.
3. Pour into glasses and serve.
Take nutrient-rich pumpkin beyond holiday pie. Canned pumpkin blended with banana and fat-free yogurt makes a velvety smoothie perfect for a DASH breakfast or snack. For a milkshake-like texture, try using pieces of frozen banana. Frozen bananas are a great freezer staple. Peel and slice overripe bananas, place on a tray and freeze. Place frozen banana pieces in a zip bag and store in freezer for up to one month.