- 1/2 pound lean ground meat
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1. Brown meat and onions in a large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet). Drain fat.
2. Add beans, tomatoes, and chili powder.
3. Reduce heat to low (250 degrees in an electric skillet), cover and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Serve hot.
5. Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.
This recipe is a good source of iron, which carries oxygen in the blood. For variety, use pinto or black beans instead of kidney beans. Serve with spinach salad and pour a cold glass of milk.