- 1 5 1/4-ounce package plain melba toast rounds (3 cups)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
1. Place toast rounds in a medium bowl; set aside. In a small bowl stir together oil, Worcestershire sauce, water, basil, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Drizzle oil mixture over toast rounds; toss to coat. Spread toast rounds in an even layer in a shallow baking pan.
2. Bake in a 300 degree oven for 15 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
Prepare as above. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.