- 3 3-ounce packages red, orange, yellow, or blue fruit-flavored gelatin
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 4 cups apple juice, white grape juice, or water
1. In a large bowl stir together flavored and unflavored gelatin; set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan bring the juice to boiling; pour into gelatin mixture in bowl. Stir constantly for several minutes or until completely dissolved. Pour mixture into a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Chill about 1 hour or until gelatin is set. Use a cookie cutter to cut into star shapes or cut into 1-1/2-inch squares. Makes 24 (2-inch) stars or 48 squares.
Prepare gelatin as above, except use sparkling white grape-flavored gelatin and 3 cups water. When gelatin is dissolved, stir in 1 cup light dairy sour cream. Chill and serve the gelatin as directed. Nutritional Information per star: 57 cal., 1 g total fat, 1 g sat. fat., 3 mg. chol., 36 mg. sodium, 10 g carbo., 2 g pro. Daily Values: 15 vit. A, 2% calcium. Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrates