- 1/2 pound turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh chile pepper, or dried to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 large yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 large green pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 12 wedges
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese for topping
- 4- 8” corn tortillas or Make your own tostada bowls
- 4 tablespoons salsa for topping
1. Cut turkey into thin slices and then into strips about 3/4 inch wide. In medium bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the oil with the lemon juice, garlic, fresh Chile pepper and oregano. Add turkey and stir to coat. Let marinate for 1/2 hour.
2. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add yellow and green peppers, stir fry 2 minutes. Add turkey strips and stir fry another 3 minutes. Stir in tomato and heat.
3. Warm tortillas in a skillet and use as a base. Fill the tortilla or tostada bowl and top with cheese and salsa.
You’ll never miss the salt when there are other great spices to take its place! Herbs and spices are a great way to add flavor without overdoing it on the salt. Using cheese as a topping at the end creates both flavor and texture, but you don’t need a lot! Make sure to measure and divide ½ cup cheese among the 4 bowls.